STUDENT LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Expressions Limited, in association with BUET Entrepreneurship Development Club (EDC), is going to start a Student Leadership Development Program with the support from US Embassy, Dhaka. It provides opportunities for students to develop effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
There will be a series of events where each student will get opportunity to participate in six workshops and a seminar for free to enhance their overall leadership capacity and discuss what initiatives can be taken for good citizenship of university students in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Deadline for online submission: December 01
Objectives of the Program
- Encourage future civic leaders to create change in their respective universities and communities.
- Make participants aware of the diverse culture and history of Bangladesh.
- Empower students to become key communicators and leaders on topics that promote peaceful and non-violent conflict resolution, religious tolerance, pluralism, and inter-faith dialogue.
- Strengthen relationships between students and police, with an emphasis on understanding how police function in society and communicate with the community
- Create a network where students and police can exchange ideas and communicate with each other.
- Provide participating individuals with the mechanisms that would include communication skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, etc. as well as life skills for career development and entrance into the workforce.
- Provide a knowledge management tool that the participants can use to maintain contact with other participants in the Program and establish a network of participating individuals
- Leadership, Capacity Building, and Skills Development
- Religious tolerance and inter-faith dialogue.
- Patriotism and vision for Bangladesh (with particular emphasis on making students aware of the diverse culture and history of Bangladesh).
- Radicalization and counter radicalization in a digital world (with particular emphasis on identifying radicalization and recruitment signs in SocialMedia/Blogging).
- Communicating anti-radicalization messages of peace, tolerance, and innovation(using public speaking and emphasis on freedom of expression).
- Role of youth in community development and peacebuilding programs (with focus on student and/or political violence mitigation).
- Bringing change through non-violent means (with particular emphasis on new media & social networking) and peaceful disagreement/discussion.
- Develop community resiliency and involvement in community service (with emphasis on advocacy, awareness, community mobilization).
- International relations (with particular emphasis on Bangladesh’s political and regional relationship with the United Nations and neighbouring countries).
- Contemporary social issues (with particular emphasis on those that affect both students and Bangladesh Police Forces).
- Reporting crime.
- Policy and Advocacy in Bangladesh.